The mobile phone is the most popular invention in modern technology as it has helped a lot in making quick calls and messages through the internet or mobile networks. It has been seen that almost all people of every age have personal mobile phones. In Pakistan, its usage is also at its peak as mobile networks provide cheap internet packages. Along with so many benefits, there are some restrictions any mobile user must take care of.
In Pakistan, PTA is responsible to maintain smooth operations of mobile phones across the country. There are some questions many Pakistanis have due to ongoing mobile usage like is your mobile phone locked? Are you receiving a message from PTA to please verify your device otherwise it will be blocked? Did your mobile phone come from abroad and you have not paid its custom?
In this article, we will tell you about register the mobile phone with PTA without paying custom. You can do it through PTA. Please follow the below steps:
- First of all, check the IMEI number of your mobile phone by just dialing *#06#. IMEI number is a unique number given to your mobile phone for its identification.
- Click on https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/ to open the PTA website.
- After opening the PTA website, a login form will be shown to you. If you don’t have an existing account, please click on the Signup button at the end of the form.
- A new form will be shown where all fields are mandatory, and you have to fill them. You will see many options and you have to select them carefully. After entering all the required information, you need to set a password. Submit the information by clicking the submit button.
- Login again by entering your email and password. Click on the register your device button to proceed further.
- On the next page, you will see User type and passport input text boxes. In the user drop-down, select the top option that is an international traveler. Now, you have to find a friend on a family member who traveled to any other country in the last sixty days. Enter the passport number of that person.
- After performing the above step, enter your mobile number below and select the mobile sims capacity like single, dual, etc. (the number of SIMS your mobile phone can accommodate).
- In last, enter the IMEI number of your device by using step 2.
- Lastly, click on the submit button and your device will be registered by PTA without any charges.
- In case, you cannot find any person who traveled abroad in the last sixty days, you need to pay the tax for your device. To do that, select the second option available in the user type i.e. “Mobile Registration to Pay duty tax”. Fill up the info like above and the system will tell you the tax amount you need to pay for your mobile phone. Also, the system will tell you the information about where to pay the tax. After paying the tax, your mobile will be activated.
If you or any of your friend or family member is facing this issue, kindly guide them through this article and solve their problem.